MMSD is pleased to announce that all students at Hawthorne, Lindbergh and Sandburg Elementary Schools can now eat free, healthy school meals on regular school days during the school year. The Food & Nutrition Department began this program last school year, as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Program.
Students enrolled in one of the schools/programs listed below can receive free breakfasts and lunches, regardless of their Free & Reduced meal status.
- Allis Elementary
- Falk Elementary
- Glendale Elementary
- Hawthorne Elementary
- Lake View Elementary
- Leopold Elementary
- Lindbergh Elementary
- Mendota Elementary
- Orchard Ridge Elementary
- Sandburg Elementary
- Sherman Middle
- Wright Middle
- East and West Neon
- Phoenix East and West SAIL
- New Directions/La Follette LEAP & SAPAR/Marquette
- Work & Learn/Madison College
- If there are children living in your household who attend MMSD schools that are not on the list, you need to complete a Free & Reduced application to determine if they qualify to receive free or reduced-price meals.
- If your child transfers to a school that is not on the list, you must submit a Free or Reduced-price application within ten days of the transfer to determine if he/she will qualify to continue receiving free or reduced-price meals. Failure to apply may result in your child being charged full-price for any meals eaten after the ten days.
- In middle and high schools, a la carte items will be available for purchase.
- Receiving free meals at a CEP school does not automatically qualify your child for other school fee waivers. You must complete a simple household income form at your school to determine if you are eligible for school fee waivers.
We are excited to have the CEP program in our district. It is a wonderful opportunity for MMSD’s schools and families, and we are committed to ensuring the success of the program in the 2015-16 school year and beyond.