September 2020 Updates
Need help paying for student meals during these challenging times?
We will be offering curbside meal service at 40 school sites starting the week of September 8, 2020. Each site will have pickup one day per week for family convenience. Students will receive a meal box with all of the components for 5 balanced breakfast and lunch meals that meet the requirements for the National School Lunch & Breakfast Programs.
- Pickup times and locations are being finalized and will be shared soon. Please see schedule
- Each 5 day box is about 12"X 9"X 9" in size and weighs just under 10 pounds. Please see menu
- Milk will be available as an option.
- A pre-order button and instructions on how to order will be available on our website as the start of school approaches.
- Students or parents will need to provide the student name and student ID number at the time of pickup.
- Full pay and reduced eligible students should have funds in their account to cover the cost of the meal pickup. The account will be charged at the time of pickup.
Stay tuned for more information we continue our planning process to ensure students have access to nutritious meals during our virtual learning environment.
Direct Certification for Free & Reduced Meals
Each qualifying family will receive a letter, either by email or in the mail, approving their status based on the benefits they receive from the State of Wisconsin. If you did not receive a letter, please complete the free and reduced priced meal application.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
A new application must be filled out for every household each year to receive meal benefits for the current year. Applications are available online: Free & Reduced Price Meal Application. If you have any questions, please call (608)204-4003.
How to donate to the Child Nutrition Assistance Fund:
The Foundation for Madison Public Schools works closely with MMSD to ensure that all schools are meeting the needs of our students. The Child Nutrition Assistance Fund helps district families that are struggling to pay their meal account balance. If you are interested in donating to a specific school, please call Steve Youngbauer at (608)204-4000. Thank you for your generosity. Families that have received donations have been very appreciative of the support.
Food and Nutrition's Mission:
MMSD Food and Nutrition believes that good nutrition is a key to learning.
Our Food Service Operation is based upon the following beliefs:
- serving students with dignity and respect is our number one priority
- nutritionally balanced meals are offered daily
- teamwork and communication skills are essential ingredients to our daily operational performance
- maintaining fiscal integrity is vital
Students at Nuestro Mundo enjoy breakfast
with special guest Bucky Badger!
USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.